Harness (PFPE) Inspections
All PFPE is tested to BS EN 365:2004.
Personal Fall Protective equipment (PFPE) should ideally be visually inspected every 6 months, and fully inspected and certified every 12 months, remembering that each piece of PFPE (safety harnesses, lanyards, rope, climbing helmets, karabiners etc.) has a life span.
Once out of their life span, PFPE needs to be replaced to ensure anybody using the equipment remains safe. A PFPE register should be in place for all equipment, and readily available for any operative to inspect.
Hutton Compliance inspect, test and certify all manufacturers PFPE kit including inertia reels, fall arrest blocks, harnesses and lanyards, davits, winches, stretchers and rescue equipment, and can manage your fall arrest assets for you.
Apart from the legal requirement to have documented evidence of PFPE compliancy, we recommend that all PFPE kit is visually inspected looking out for any signs of the following:
What to look for:
- Tears and cuts to webbing
- Excessive wear of webbing or any other parts
- Weakening of load bearing parts
- Broken stitching
- Ensure PPE kit is clean, as dangers may existing under excessive dirt
- Heat or chemical damage
- Rusting or damage to fastenings and buckles
- Person Fall Protection Equipment (fall arrest and fall restraint equipment etc.) are to be inspected by a competent person every 12 months
- Rope access equipment MUST be examined by a competent person every 6 months.
Hutton Compliance provide a full engineering inspection service, which includes:
- Sell (where requested by the client) and input your PFPE and accessories on to Hutton Compliance asset database in your company account. This enables you to view all lifting equipment / accessories for when they were last examined, the result of examination and when they are next due to be examined;
- Allocating PFPE equipment to either an individual or location;
- Monitoring scheduling, arranging and undertaking your PFPE inspections / thorough examinations, ensuring no PFPE or rope access equipment goes out of date;
- Put inspections / thorough examination reports of PFPE or rope access equipment on to your online secure company account so they are immediately available to you;
- 24/7 access to your online company account and advice, support and guidance from your Hutton Compliance